Friday, April 18, 2008

Just Over 100 Days to Go

This is the Bird's Nest as they call it here in Beijing. This photo was given to me by one of the Results Managers for Canoe Slalom and I thought I would share it.

The stadium is spectacular. When I was here last time I took some pictures during the day. I put one of them up as a comparison so that you can see the difference.

You will notice the building to the right...that is the bubble building or where the Aquatics events are going to be held.

Anyway...it is a spectacular place. When I was last here in October I walked the Olympic Green and walked through mud and dirt as they were beginning to put the grounds into place around the Bird's Nest. Now it is done and people are able to walk and enjoy the place. In fact there are 5 or 6 test events going on right now and so many people are buying tickets to an event just to walk around the Olympic Green.


No comments: