Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mr. President @ NAC watching Medals Won












After visiting with Bob Costas, it appears the President came to Swimming. I looked out the GFX cabin and saw 90+ cars that were his...and so I wandered over and talked with a couple of agents whilst we waited for Mr. President. The agent I talked with took an internship at the SS many years ago and is now with the Presidents detail. He dreamed of it as a young kid and loves it now...they let me close to his car before he came out as long as I 'Did Not Touch It.' Okay...so I obeyed. It was fun to see a glimpse of another President in person.

In these photos you see them taking the flags out of the car and the seal and then placing them on the car. If the President is not in the car then they are off. They prep'ed the car right before he came out. They then lined up...and pulled on forward and the one I had my picture with the President jumped in...only after waving, in the wrong direction, and then getting in his car. All the other cars were blocking people from getting too close. Anyway...a good Monday morning start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes i went to see the swimming, saw it on TV, Great blogg this


Magnus Hagås

Anonymous said...

Hey there John Boy!
We need some new pictures. I Hope that things are well with you and that you are enjoying the experience.

Bev

KLF said...

Really cool pictures!