Friday, August 08, 2008

Sights and Sounds of Beijing










Hope you enjoy some of the pictures taken this AM 8 of 8 of 2008. Some of these were taken at 8 hours, 8 minutes and 88 seconds before the ceremony starts tonight at 808 PM. I also found it very interesting that whilst riding the train to T'Sqaure....I saw all sorts of older men sitting whilst some ladies were still standing. On came an elderly man, grandpa type, and the 6 or 7 year old boy that was sitting next to where I was standing, stood up and gave the gentlemen his seat. Later on whilst on a bus, the money taker, yelled something in Chinese, that I must assume, lazy old men, get up and give the ladies your seats, since about 7 men stood up and allowed ladies to sit down in their stead. Respect is still alive in China.

Whilst on the train...the lady sitting next to where I was standing started playing the slap game with her three year old daughter. I motioned to her and put my hands down to play. All of a sudden 20 or so heads in the train turned to see the American playing with the girl. I then did the finger magic of bringing my hands together and making the fingers jump. The three year old tried to do it too. Although I cannot speak Chinese, the fun and games are here.

No comments: