Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Golden Day in Cross Country

For the first time since the Lillehammer Olympics of '94 Sweden has a Gold Medal. They won TWO back to back today within 20 minutes of each other at the Cross Country Team Sprint. First the Swedish Women won theirs and then then men came from behind feeling the pressure that the ladies put on them to perform and took first place in their event. The Team Sprint has two competitiors from each country and they each ski for 1.2km and then hand off to the other one. They each do this three times. It is a very tough event where stamina is needed to endure the sprints. It was a very good day for Sweden. I will put up a series of photos to show the fun had by all there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take these photos, too? If so, you must have been up close and personal! Cool! Did you go to the opening ceremonies? I thought they were boring!...except the last 20 minutes! Go Luciano!

theodoreable said...

Mouse,

All of the photos are taken with my camera. I am the one taking them with my lens. Yes...I had some spare time yesterday whilst at the CC event.

As far as ceremonies, I am glad that you didn't understand the opening ceremony. There are many more like you. I gave up afer the parade of nations.