Saturday, February 04, 2006

Olympic Flame in Pragelato


About 1 hour after I arrived at the 'temporary housing' in Pragelto the Olympic Torch Relay came passing by. As we drove from Turin to Pragelato {about 90 minutes} we saw lots of police cars and the Olympic Flame drop off/pick up bus. We knew it was coming but didn't know when. So I unpacked my bags and tried on my TOBO uniform and then I went out to the road where the flame would pass and then be transfered to someone else who would then run with it. There was a small crowd of locals and others working the Games that were there as it came by. Anyway...here is the photo of the young lady that was running with the torch. I tried to take a picture with the young lady that just finished carrying the flame, but she had to get onto the bus right away and there were no pictures taken with her and her torch.

The housing is called 'temporary' because it will be out of here soon after the Games are over. It is a lot like commentator booths. Not much room...one window but NO TV to watch the evening events. I am going to have to figure out what to do about that. I am on a dial up line here so these 2 meg photos take a long time to post. I am going to have find a way to fix that as well.

No comments: